Your radio is the center of attention in your car. Whether you're looking for audio improvements or new features to improve your driving experience, such as Bluetooth® or Apple CarPlay™/Android Auto™, an aftermarket radio is an important step for personalization.
Features to Consider
- A standard DIN slot is 2-1/8” (50mm) height by 7-1/8” (180mm) width.
- A standard 2DIN slot is 4" (100mm) height by 7-1/8" (180mm) width.
- Non-touchscreen vs. Touchscreen
- How you control your radio.
- EQ bands
- A built in Equalizer (EQ) in the radio, generally between 6 to 13 bands, allows the user to set low-pass filter (LPF) & high-pass filter (HPF).
- RCA pre-outs
- The connection on the back of the radio which allows the radio to connect to the amplifier via RCA cables.
- Steering wheel control compatibility
- The port on the back of the radio or radio harness required to retain your steering wheel controls (VOL. Up/Down, Track Fwd./Back, Answer Call/Hang Up, etc.
- Camera inputs
- The port on the back of the radio or radio harness required in order to add an aftermarket backup camera
- SiriusXM compatibility
- The port on the back of the radio required to add a SiriusXM tuner